Pumps for Fire Protection
Virtual Training Class
Thursday, May 20, 2021
- Friday, May 21, 2021
Pacific Standard Time
Pumps for Fire Protection - Live Virtual Training (APPROVED FOR CA CEUs)
May 20 - 21, 2021
8:30 am - 12:30 pm PDT
Approved by CA OSFM, NICET and ICC for 8.0 contact hours or 0.8 CEUs
NFSA is excited to offer Pumps for Fire Protection virtually! The class will be held live, over the course of two days. Participants will log in and interact with a live instructor during the course of the class. Upon completion of the live instruction, participants will take a short assessment and upon passing, be able to immediately download the certificate of completion.
Seminar Description: Utilizing NFPA 20, Standard for the Installation of Stationary Pumps for Fire Protection, this one-day program guides the participant through the basic operating principles of fire pumps, the requirements for the various components that make up a fire pump package and the requirements for acceptance testing for the pump to ensure proper operation.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this seminar the participant will be able to:
- Describe and identify the different types of fire pumps, their applications, & their placement
- Explain how centrifugal pumps operate
- Discuss the general rules applicable to all fire pumps
- Describe the items required & permitted in the fire pump suction & discharge piping
- Describe the rules pertaining to various power sources for fire pumps & the equipment that controls each respective source
- Apply a process in order to properly size a fire pump
- Explain acceptance testing for fire pumps
- Discuss specific rules for fire pumps in high rise buildings
Participants are REQUIRED to have an NFPA 20 2016 as the main training material. If you do not have one, you can purchase one here.
- This seminar is being held LIVE online. Attendance is REQUIRED for the full duration of the class. Any participant not in the online class within 30 minutes of the start time will be unenrolled. No continuing education credits or refunds will be given for unenrollments.
- Class will be held from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm PDT on both May 20 and May 21, 2021.
- Participants will be required to pass an assessment quiz at the end of the class in order to obtain CEUs.
- Participants should have access to a microphone to interact with the instructor and ask questions.
- Participants are REQUIRED to have an NFPA 20 2016 as the main training material. If you do not have one, you can purchase one here.
Member Price: EARLY BIRD $157.50 per person (Price Increases to $175.00 on 05/04/2021)
Non-Member Price: EARLY BIRD $315.00 per person (Price Increases to $350.00 on 05/04/2021)
Registration closes May 19, 2021.