Layout Technician Blended Learning - Virtual Practicum
Virtual Training Class
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- Thursday, December 02, 2021
Eastern Standard Time
NFSA's Layout Technician Training Blended Learning Practicum is being offered VIRTUALLY! Students will participate in a virtual classroom on assigned days, in addition to homework and group work.
The Blended Learning Practicum portion is the second part of the Layout Technician Blended Learning program. The online portion of the blended learning program is a pre-requisite to this course and must be completed prior to enrollment in the in-class portion. It is highly recommended that the online portion be completed within six months of taking the practicum. If you have not yet registered and completed the online portion, more information about the program can be found Here.
The Layout Technician Practicum focuses on the application of the course materials through layout, design and calculation of multiple types of sprinkler systems. This portion also includes information on NFPA updates, Project Management, Stocklisting and Estimating.
The successful completion of the practicum portion of the Layout Technician Training - Blended Learning program is required to receive a certificate of completion.
A complete seminar description can be found Here.
All virtual classes will be held LIVE online. Attendance is REQUIRED. Any participant not in the online class as required will be unenrolled. No continuing education credits or refunds will be given for unenrollments.
Live Virtual Training will be held from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST) each day listed below. Attendance is Required for all class dates.
November 17, 2021
November 23 - 24, 2021 - NO CLASSES
November 30 - December 2, 2021
What you need to know:
- Homework will be assigned during the class
- Classes begin at 10:00 a.m. and should conclude by 5:00 p.m. (EST) each day.
- Students may be required to participate in group work virtually, outside of scheduled class times.
- You will need the use of a microphone and preferably a web cam for participation in the class.
- ALL seminar materials received upon registering for the online portion, specifically the NFPA 13, Layout and Design textbook and calculator to the In Class Practicum will be required materials for the Practicum. Additional materials will be shipped. Please ensure the shipping address is correct.