Advanced Topics in Codes and Standards
TBD - Houston, TX
Thursday, July 22, 2021
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Central Standard Time
Advanced Codes and Standards
This program covers a variety of advanced topics in the design and installation of sprinkler systems including an explanation of the NFPA Standards Making Process, a discussion of the use of CMSA and ESFR sprinklers, the design of freezer and cooler systems, and the analysis of the results of different tests performed periodically on sprinkler systems. This program will be an excellent study session for those people seeking NICET Level III and Level IV certification.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the program, the participant will be able to:
- List the steps in the NFPA Standards Making Process
- List the steps by which TIA’s and Formal Interpretations get made on NFPA documents.
- Layout a sprinkler system using CMSA or ESFR sprinklers using correct spacing, location and obstruction rules from NFPA 13.
- Explain the causes and potential solutions for corrosion of sprinkler system components.
- Layout a sprinkler system for a freezer using the rules of NFPA 13.
- Interpret the results of periodic tests including main drain tests, fire pump performance tests, dry-pipe system full flow trip tests, and backflow preventer forward flow tests.