Layout Technician Training - Virtual Training Class
Virtual Training Class
Tuesday, August 10, 2021
- Thursday, September 02, 2021
Eastern Standard Time
Layout Technician Training - (NFPA 13 2019)
The purpose of the layout technician course is to take a person with basic knowledge of math, physical science and drafting skills and teach them to be productive basic sprinkler layout and detailing technicians. All of the work elements necessary for NICET Level II Certification will be covered by the course including sprinkler selection, sprinkler spacing and location, obstructions to sprinklers, water supplies (public mains, tanks and pumps), hydraulic calculation of sprinkler systems, and standpipe system layout and calculation.
To see a full description of the topics covered, please review the seminar information sheet HERE.
All virtual classes will be held LIVE online. Attendance is REQUIRED. Any participant not in the online class as required will be unenrolled. No continuing education credits or refunds will be given for unenrollments.
Live Virtual Training will be held from 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (EST) each day listed below. Attendance is Required for all class dates, unless noted otherwise.
August 10 & 11
August 17 & 18
August 24 & 25
August 31 - September 2
What you need to know:
- Homework will be assigned during throughout the week reviewed during the virtual training class.
- Classes begin at 10:00 am and should conclude by 5:00 pm (EST) each day.
- Students may be required to participate in group work virtually, outside of class times.
- You will need the use of a microphone and preferably a web cam for participation in the class.
- The registration fee includes all seminar course materials, including a copy of NFPA 13 (2019 edition), a copy of the NFSA textbook, "Layout, Detail & Calculation of Fire Sprinkler Systems", a calculator and a workbook of exercises and useful handouts. These materials will be shipped, so please ensure you include the correct shipping address.